Sept/Nov 2015 Guided Autobiography/Memoir Classes — Reservations are required as classes fill up quickly.
GAB I — TUESDAY CLASSES: 8 Consecutive Tuesdays, 1 to 3 pm: September 15 through November 3, 2015, at the Masonic Lodge, 130 Congress Avenue. $199 for the Course.Upon receipt of payment, you will receive an email confirming your class reservation. If you prefer to mail a check, please make payable to Park Place Publications and mail to P.O.Box 722, Pacific Grove, CA 93950. Thank you. For more information, please call Patricia Hamilton at 831-649-6640.
NEW! ONE-DAY MEMOIR WRITING WORKSHOP – $125, 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., October 17, 2015, at the Pacific Grove Masonic Lodge, 130 Congress Avenue. Guided Autobiography/Memoir Writing Workshop includes instructions, writing and sharing of three GAB Themes: Branching Points, Family, Money/Career, plus one of personal choice. Includes lunch, GAB materials, writing paper and pencils. Upon receipt of payment, you will receive an email confirming your class reservation. If you prefer to mail a check, please make payable to Park Place Publications and mail to P.O.Box 722, Pacific Grove, CA 93950. Thank you. For more information, please call Patricia Hamilton at 831-649-6640.
What is Guided Autobiography/Memoir?
Facilitated by a trained GAB instructor, students are led through nine life themes and priming questions to help uncover and share the meaningful stories of life.
- GAB is not reminiscence or life review
- Stories are shared in a small group
- Memories and events long forgotten are uncovered
- Stories are written from the inside out
- The important stories are written not only the chronology of life from birth to the present
- Every life is unique and there has never been another you.
What are the benefits of Guided Autobiography/Memoir?
- Increases self-esteem and optimism
- Gain new insights for self-understanding
- Experience the power of being heard
- Bonding occurs through sharing and disclosing
- Sharing your story with other people leads to new friendships.
- Looking back at your life leads to good feelings about going ahead.
You can encourage other people to write their life story by showing them yours. Sign up for a class in Guided Autobiography/Memoir.
Sharpen your memories, get them organized, enjoy sharing your life story, and have your autobiography to give to family and friends.
Other Services Available Private coaching or ghostwriting your book. You may also publish your book with photos, print soft or hardcover books, create a video and audio recordings and production with upload to “Keepers of Our Culture” YouTube Channel. Services priced individually for your custom package.
CLASS INSTRUCTORS Patricia Hamilton and Joyce Krieg are certified by The Birren Center to teach the Guided Autobiography method developed by James E. Birren. Books will be published by Park Place Publications.
For information about upcoming classes and other services, please call Patricia Hamilton at 831-649-6640 or e-mail: